Pages

Wednesday 18 December 2013

People on the bus

I really love sketching people in public transportation.

Even when they're not doing anything in particular, they are so absorbed in their thoughts that I can study them at leasure.

I tend to have more difficulties drawing men than women. It might not look like it, but this man is no exception. Although he was not a bad-looking guy at all, I made him much more handsome than he actually was.
Sans titre
Italian elegance distracted me
I was attracted to this girl because it looked like she was completely out of it, looking at the ceiling and smiling as if she was seeing someone she knew. I even wondered if she wasn't on drugs...

girl
Seeing angels
I liked this woman's hair for some reason.

woman phone
Loved the nose, too!
This lady looked so warm in her winter clothes and was delightfully absorbed in her book. She didn't move at all.

reader
The hairdo was interesting to sketch as well
How could I resist this nose? Just beautiful!
Sans titre
Now I see him quite often. I'll have to sketch him again.
I was sitting face to face with a teenager, completely engrossed in a game. The movement of his hands was fascinating.

playing
Fast thumb movements will lead you to victory!
Of all the people inside a bus, there are always quite a few on the phone. I liked this woman's posture. Plus the fact that her neighbour was on the phone as well. The rest was a matter of being stuck in a traffic jam.
bus ride home
Traffic jams rule!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I'm behind on checking posts - Love all of these portraits plus the sketches in the last few posts. I like your use of colour on the bottom "Traffic Jam"

    Merry Christmas Beliza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment, Sue!

      And Merry Christmas to you, too! :)

      Delete