Pages

Monday 3 August 2015

Sketchcrawl among a crowd of artists

Last Sunday, our local Urban Sketchers group had its monthly sketchcrawl in the Grund, where "Konscht am Gronn" (Art in the Grund) was taking place.

This event happens every first Sunday of the month between May and October, and artists from Luxembourg and the Greater Region come to sell their art in what is basically an art market.

It has been taking place for a few years now, but I have to admit that it was the first time I actually went there.

We met at Scott's pub and had a pre-sketching drink on the sunny terrace. I was happy to see a couple of new faces and some that I hadn't seen for a while. It is particularly great to see the usual suspects who are slowly becoming friends.

We dispersed in search of our desired sketching subjects, but we didn't have to go far. For my part, I actually only went about 10 meters before settling down in front of a street musician playing an old music box.
Konscht am Gronn
This gentleman told me he would be back in October
It was lovely to sketch to the sound of songs from Mary Poppins and witness people coming and going. "A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down", and a bit of music coupled with a few sunrays make the sketching even more fun.

We quickly became the focus of interest of some of the passers-by. Some of them probably thought we were part of the artists exhibiting there.

After putting our first drawings together we headed to a different location in the direction of Abbaye Neumünster.

The view from there on the corniche above is absolutely beautiful and I never get tired of sketching it. We only had 30 minutes, though, because we had very serious business to attend to, namely gathering for another drink to sketch and chat.
A view of Luxembourg-city without a crane would be incomplete, haha
I managed to add a few new faces to my sketchbook. None shall escape my portrait attempts (*evil laughter*)!
Drink and draw
Nancy, Anneke and Christine
__________

PS: For those wondering about it: I still have some sketches to share from of my time in Civita and Rome. I will get back to those in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment